Harman Advance replacing circuit board

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

toastyinri

Jan 5, 2006
Rhode Island
Harman Advance / new circuit board
Has anyone had any experience with putting a new circuit board in a Harman Advance/build year 2005.
I've been searching for instructions on getting the board out and new one in. There are no screws on the faceplate to pull it out. Will I have to take it out from the rear by unplugging wires and pulling it out. I don't know what's holding it in place other than maybe the knobs, but I doubt Harman would just use knobs to secure it. I've got the new board ready to go in and don't want to start playing with it until I know for certain what my steps will be.

Any help would be appreciated from someone who has done it before.
Thank you in "Advance" :)

This help?

Thankyou, but I've watched "Mr. Cutie's video a few times. He's working on an Accentra that has a removeable faceplate.
I figured the Advantage out in the meantime and have put the new board in. Just go underneath or in back of the board and with your thumbs, pull the board in each corner. Each corner will pop out. You can pull the board down either from the bottom or back to disconnect the molenex(?), temp sensor wires(2) and the ignitor switch. I pretty much followed Mr. Cuties procedure in pulling the wires off. Putting it back in is just a matter of aligned the toggle switch in it's hole and making sure the pots and lights are aligned , then just push the 4 corners of the board in and replace the shaft and knobs with new ones. Actually, it was pretty simple to do. My combustion motor is shot, so will be waiting till I replace it before firing it up.
Right now I've had the Allen screw which holds the fan to the shaft soaking in WD 40 overnight. If that doesn't get it off, I'm going to try heating it with a pencil torch. I ordered a 4 pack on Amazon and they'll be in sometime today. By the time I'm done, I will have replaced just about all the components except for the distribution fan, ignitor. I've been running this stove since 2007 and the only things that needed replacing 6 years in were the distribution fan and the combustion fan. Not bad. I rarely use "Auto" ignition with the ignitor. Quicker to get it going with manual start and Gel. If I'm out of regular Gel, I give it a little shot of hand sanitizer and mix it with the burn pot pellets and it lights up just as well. Where there's a will, there's a way, I guess.
In a couple of weeks it'll get a new coat of high temp paint. It'll look brandy new by the time I'm done with it. Geez, I was kind of a young lady when I got this stove....now.....the stove might even outlive me.....

Thanks,
Deb

Thankyou, but I've watched "Mr. Cutie's video a few times. He's working on an Accentra that has a removeable faceplate.
I figured the Advantage out in the meantime and have put the new board in. Just go underneath or in back of the board and with your thumbs, pull the board in each corner. Each corner will pop out. You can pull the board down either from the bottom or back to disconnect the molenex(?), temp sensor wires(2) and the ignitor switch. I pretty much followed Mr. Cuties procedure in pulling the wires off. Putting it back in is just a matter of aligned the toggle switch in it's hole and making sure the pots and lights are aligned , then just push the 4 corners of the board in and replace the shaft and knobs with new ones. Actually, it was pretty simple to do. My combustion motor is shot, so will be waiting till I replace it before firing it up.
Right now I've had the Allen screw which holds the fan to the shaft soaking in WD 40 overnight. If that doesn't get it off, I'm going to try heating it with a pencil torch. I ordered a 4 pack on Amazon and they'll be in sometime today. By the time I'm done, I will have replaced just about all the components except for the distribution fan, ignitor. I've been running this stove since 2007 and the only things that needed replacing 6 years in were the distribution fan and the combustion fan. Not bad. I rarely use "Auto" ignition with the ignitor. Quicker to get it going with manual start and Gel. If I'm out of regular Gel, I give it a little shot of hand sanitizer and mix it with the burn pot pellets and it lights up just as well. Where there's a will, there's a way, I guess.
In a couple of weeks it'll get a new coat of high temp paint. It'll look brandy new by the time I'm done with it. Geez, I was kind of a young lady when I got this stove....now.....the stove might even outlive me.....

Thanks,
Deb
My mistake, unit he's working on is not an Accentra, might be a P unit.