Harman Exception - Afterburner Replacement Harman Excaption TL200

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LinusNLucy

Oct 7, 2009
CT
I have a TL200 and I have started to replace the afterburner. I have removed the assembly in front of the afterburner, the ramp assembly (using the stove manual). It does not want to come out clean. What parts do I need to remove to get the afterburner out? Any thoughts/experiences on replacing the afterburner?

Many Thanks

Reactions: Rusticontheridge
I've got the same stove and I'm looking to replace the afterburner myself. Trying to find parts on line is frustrating. If I find a source, I'll let you know.

Thanks and good luck!
Mike

Hey Guys, I have the same stove and just took the assembly apart. The ramp assembly, or shoe brick, is held in buy on bolt that goes directly down from the center of the ramp. In order to get it out you have to remove the afterburner weldment, which is the basically the big cast iron faceplate that has the afterburner window in it, which is held in buy two bolts that are on the sides at the top. You also have to remove the two fire bricks that are on the backwall of the burn box but be careful they are fragile. After you have all this out there are at least two more bolts that hold the left and right plates that are on the back waal. These hold the actual afterburner in place. I haven't removed those yet, but it looks as if the afterburner should come out relatively easy after those are out.

My current issue is the insulation board that goes on the back of the big cast iron faceplate with the afterburner window on it fell out and broke. This looks like it protects the faceplate from the heat of the afterburner, and since I've burned without it I have noticed the faceplate glow orange a little. I can't find anyone who can order that insualtion board for me, so if any of you come accross a good source of parts for this stove please let me know. I hope this helped some.

Status
Not open for further replies.