Harman Invincible Operation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bkins

Minister of Fire
Mar 16, 2009
Jersey Shore
Can someone that owns an invincible insert tell me what is supposed to happen when you turn the stove to the off position? My stove is 15 years old and I just got it. Presently when I turn it to off nothing seems to happen. I would think the combustion blower should turn off to put the fire out. I checked the wiring diagram and everything seems to be in order. I'm wondering if the control board is bad. Am I doing something incorrectly? I don't want to just throw parts into this stove. The ESP probe has been cleaned and seems to be working as the distribution comes on when it is supposed to.

David

I dont own your stove but I would think the combustion blower should continue to run until a certain temp is meet,on my stove the only thing that shuts down right away is the feed auger.

My Harmon runs for a long time before shutting down. I know the cumbustion blower needs to run for quite a while in order to continue exhausting the smoke out the vent pipe as the fire burns down and goes out.

Ya, I guess I could see the combustion blower running for a while now that you mention it. My pellet feed also continues to run and feed pellets so I'm kind of wondering if the control board is not getting the message to shut down. Maybe its the potentiometer dial that is not operating.

David

Bkins said:
Ya, I guess I could see the combustion blower running for a while now that you mention it. My pellet feed also continues to run and feed pellets so I'm kind of wondering if the control board is not getting the message to shut down. Maybe its the potentiometer dial that is not operating.

David

that, or your ESP probe is messed up. Shouldnt feed in the "off" position.

My pellets continue to feed after turning off. Don't know why; maybe to slow down the burn over a longer period of time to let the burn pot, heat exchangers, and fire box cool down gradually. Everything eventually quits about 45 min to an hour after turning it off.

exoil, thats about average amount of time for that machine to shut down. auger will continue to pulse (slower than normal feed) and both blowers will stay running. Distribution fan shuts off when internall temp (esp) is about 165, auger and combustion fan off when temp (esp again) is about 90. With that much mass it can take a while to shut down. I've seen stoves in the summer after a cleaning run for hours because the percieved temp at esp is above 90 even when there is no fire.

Delta, thanks for clearing that up. Really like the pellet burner but it was a little irritating at first to hear the auger running after turning it off. :-S I believe the Distribution Fan is controlled by the Fan/High Limit probe in the duct above the furnace, but don't want to hijack this thread with a minor point.

Status
Not open for further replies.