Harman Mark III wood burning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Munchkin

Nov 8, 2013
Hi,
I'm a rookie at this stuff and 100% new to wood burning. I recently purchased a used Harman Mark III to install in the basement/rec room and planned to burn wood for a few years (I actually purchased the wood 2 years ago). After realizing that I had actually purchased a COAL stove, I'm terrified of burning wood in it. Can anyone offer suggestions/comfort as to what flue, damper, etc. to install or should I avoid burning wood at all? Please help! Thanks!

The manual says nothing about being able to burn wood in that stove. Harman makes stoves that burn both, so I would say there is a reason it is not discussed in the Mark III manual. I would be looking for another stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.