1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Harman Owners unite

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by kyburnr, Oct 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djarseneault

djarseneault Member

Loc:
    Eastern Connecticut
    It is not HHT, it is the individual dealers. HHT has never done anything to limit me from selling parts to anyone.
    The only thing they discourage is selling stoves out of our service area because they make us responsible for the warranty on the stoves we sell.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. E350

E350 New Member

Loc:
    Bedford,OH
    Purchased my stove from a dealer an extra 30 miles father away than the guy down the street.Not that the close dealer was bad, He just could not get any Harmon's. He also would service my stove if needed. My father purchased his from this dealer about a year ago and has been great with service.
    I have only used my dealer for service and any accessories needed. I believe it all depends on the store like buying a car, Some will wash your car after service and some will use it to go to lunch in.
    By the way my dealer is Amish and the guy closest is an Englisher.
    My 2 cents
  3. rap69ri

rap69ri New Member

Loc:
    Middle of RI
    I know what Amish is, but Englisher?
  4. E350

E350 New Member

Loc:
    Bedford,OH
    I will try to make this politically correct.
    Amish pull rein's
    Englisher pull their hair out during tax season.
  5. rap69ri

rap69ri New Member

Loc:
    Middle of RI
    Gotcha, ;-)
  6. luckyfasteddie

luckyfasteddie Member

Loc:
    mid delaware
    Am in the process of finishing my own install -harman p38-,made the base ,have two tons of 269/ton pellets on hand .Sister in law has had p38 for 3-4 years of trouble free operation and a warm house .When you guys talk about parts issues are you talking about real old stoves ? Is there some part in particular that breaks on everyone,are there manufacturing defects that are causing he proplems ? What should I be on the look out for ? My dealer seems quite consumer friendly and helpful . I felt no pressure or anomosity when I said I was going to install it my self . Thanks for help LFE
  7. whiskeyrichard

whiskeyrichard New Member

Here are two numbers that I found for Harman in the 'hearth room' here on hearth.com

Harman
    352 mountain house rd. phone #…

717-362-9080
    or
    717-896-8077

I called the first one and eventually got a person who was willing to give me a small amount of technical support, and talk about the details of the harman 'warranty'.

WR
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.