Harman P38 thermostat help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jester

Hearth Supporter
Aug 19, 2008
Seacoast Massachusetts
I have a Harman P38 and I just attached a Skyteck 3301P thermostat to it. For some reason it always calls for heat, even when the thermostat indicates it should be in the off mode. I understand these stoves run ineither turbo or low when they are in thermostat mode. Any thoughts? Does anyone know if I should have the manual knobs set to off when using the thermostat? (I have two choices, feed rate and fan)
Thanks
Eric

I'm not sure about your stove but my skytech 3301p has a swing temp,meaning if you have the thermostat set at 70* theres a factory set 2* swing so the stove will actually run until 72* you can set the swing temp I think up to 4*

Not sure about that thermostat, but when the P38 is set up with a thermostat, when the thermostat calls for heat, it pushes the stove into TURBO mode, when satisfied, the stove goes back to its control board set point. So, no, dont stick the stove in TURBO, put it on your regular setting. The FAN setting only controls the distribution fan, nothing more. Also, no, the manual know ahouldnt be on OFF, unless you are shutting the stove down. The P38 cannot relight itself, so there will always be a fire, even when the thermostat is satisfied. The size of that fire is based upon your feed setting (P38 only, folks!)

Status
Not open for further replies.