Harman P43 Intake

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mjhco6

Jan 29, 2018
VIRGINIA
Are the fans on these pellet stoves strong enough to pull in dust, dirt and pet dander into the intake? Do they have a screen or filter?

Yes. Not sure how hard the intake or an OAK left undone but the distribution blower will definitely suck up some pet hair etc; We have two Australian Shepherds that have gotten mine here and were clean constantly. I noticed the room distribution blower seemed weak so I pulled it and it was full of fine hair.

Reactions: Mjhco6
Good to know, thanks. I actually noticed my flame/blower being weak also.. thought it may have been because we haven't been running it as strong, as it's been a bit warmer outside. I'll check the distribution blower.

take the lower back sheetmetal guards off. The room fan is the larger black squirrel cage fan directly under the circuit board. You can see the squirrel cage looking in from the opposite side. That is where dirt builds up

There isn't a screen on the blower fan, so how did you find the hair?

The hair collected on the fan blades and basically rendered them useless. There was a layer of hair over them. I dropped the blower motor and pulled the hair out and cleaned everything.

Good to know, thanks. I actually noticed my flame/blower being weak also.. thought it may have been because we haven't been running it as strong, as it's been a bit warmer outside. I'll check the distribution blower.
If your flame looked weak you probably need to clean your venting and under your burn pot. If you run a brush through the exhaust, be sure to pull your esp first. It’s mounted on the right with a 1/4 in screw.