Harman P43 - New user, No Distro Blow, Weak Flame

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
That flame looks lazy as hell.Potential air leak in one of the gaskets?Also check the trap door under the burn pot and make sure it is attached correctly.
I think I'd need a pro for gasket leaks. I don't know the first about troubleshooting that. I checked the trap door and it's good. The cleaning hasn't fixed the problem. I'm gonna get someone out here. Thanks for your help!

Thank you all for your help!!! I truly appreciate it. It appears the issue with this unit is poor maintenance and I fear the exhaust pipe needs to be checked and cleaned from end to end. It's clear that the previous owners didn't take care of this unit at all. I'm going to have a tech come out and look at it.

Reactions: Harmanizer
The unit had maintenance and cleaning performed in March before we bought the house. This was my first time turning it on so I didn't feel the need to clean it. I will research how to clean it and try that. Thank you!

If you have any documentation from the March service maybe contact them and see if they stand behind their work. If they won't do anything I'd try another shop, preferably one who is a Harman dealer.

Our P43 runs great, we use it for our main heat source (electric baseboard in house) and a good cleaning every 3-4 weeks keeps it running fine.

Sam

If you have any documentation from the March service maybe contact them and see if they stand behind their work. If they won't do anything I'd try another shop, preferably one who is a Harman dealer.

Our P43 runs great, we use it for our main heat source (electric baseboard in house) and a good cleaning every 3-4 weeks keeps it running fine.

Sam
They only warrantied the work for 30 days but I'm still going to contact them. I definitely don't want them touching my system so I've contacted a shop that deals Harman stoves. Thanks for the maintenance frequency tip.

Is all that crud on the door from you trying to light and run it (was the glass clean prior)? There are a couple of possibilities that I haven't seen on here:

• Under the burn pot may be jamb packed with ash so the fire isn't getting proper airflow. I don't know if you checked that while you were cleaning.
  • Check the fines cover back behind the stove (on right hand side). Actually, remove it then re-install it making sure it it is tight and covering the entire opening.
Good luck. The P43 is a great stove and once you get this issue solved you should be happy with it. And, I'd be pizzed too if I had been told it was cleaned and found it in that condition!

Reactions: bags
Yup and deep and thorough cleaning of everything is a good start. Keep us updated...

Reactions: bogieb