Harman P43 tips?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My stove dealer got a batch of those in last year. I don't think he was too happy with them and didn't get any more. Based on customer response I guess but he also burns pellets in his stoves in the sales store. He has more working stoves than any place around here I think, so a solid test bed. I've never burned them myself.
btw:
changed my feed rate last nite from 3-4...
haven't seen any difference in the "ash line"...
running room temp/auto overnite. may have used less pellets/or more but too close to call.
Heat seemed the same..
t

You won't see any difference unless less the call for heat is constantly on. It probably ramped up and down as needed and did not need to be maxed continuously. The higher feed rate just allows more pellets to be used in a given time to satisfy the heat needed quicker which will better control the temp and make it more stable as in + or minus 1 degree. Too low a setting then it may struggle reaching the desired heat temp. 4 is what Harman recommends in most instances. Think of trying to get on an on ramp on the interstate in your car and someone installed a restrictor plate which only allows so much fuel. You might get up to speed but it will take you longer or not have enough fuel to reach your speed. Make that hole in the restrictor plate a little bigger and you will get up to speed quicker. Too big a hole(number) and you waste fuel as you punch it and you mpg's go down. You want the end result but as efficiently as possible. It is a combination of fuel and heat exchanging into the room as efficiently as possible to maximize pellet use. If you need a lot of heat quickly as possible without regard to efficiency then crank everything up. You will see how fast you chew pellets. Efficiency by maximizing pellets and squeezing as much btu out of them as possible without wasting energy.

Reactions: SteveB
You won't see any difference unless less the call for heat is constantly on. It probably ramped up and down as needed and did not need to be maxed continuously. The higher feed rate just allows more pellets to be used in a given time to satisfy the heat needed quicker which will better control the temp and make it more stable as in + or minus 1 degree. Too low a setting then it may struggle reaching the desired heat temp. 4 is what Harman recommends in most instances. Think of trying to get on an on ramp on the interstate in your car and someone installed a restrictor plate which only allows so much fuel. You might get up to speed but it will take you longer or not have enough fuel to reach your speed. Make that hole in the restrictor plate a little bigger and you will get up to speed quicker. Too big a hole(number) and you waste fuel as you punch it and you mpg's go down. You want the end result but as efficiently as possible. It is a combination of fuel and heat exchanging into the room as efficiently as possible to maximize pellet use. If you need a lot of heat quickly as possible without regard to efficiency then crank everything up. You will see how fast you chew pellets. Efficiency by maximizing pellets and squeezing as much btu out of them as possible without wasting energy.
In other words...he took the brick out from under his accelerator pedal....:p

In other words...he took the brick out from under his accelerator pedal....:p
on my stove controls side door it states to put on feed rate #3..
I think in the manual it said feed rate #4.
stove was bought new last November..
I'll keep it on 4 and report back....

Last edited:
Reactions: Harman Lover 007
Status
Not open for further replies.