Harman p61-2 power problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

a5t1

Dec 6, 2011
UP
This is in regards to the P61 I rebuilt in fall. The stove is located at our camp and used intermittently. I went to turn it on this morning by selecting stove temp and high. It seemed to work as usual, however the combustion fan was cutting in and out. I looked at the lights in the panel and it acted as if the power cord was loose, lights going on and off. I selected stove temp low and it began acting normal. I then selected room temp high, again acting normal and running currently. If you select stove temp high the stove turns on and off, as if a loose power connection. Is it time to buy a circuit board?

ESP ? Stove temp runs off the ESP., exhaust sensor probe

Maybe, but it ran on the low setting. I would think if esp was bad it would be consistent.

You need a circuit board. You have a dead spot in the knob

That makes sense. Everything else worked and the stove ran. Guess time to order a board

The 100K ohm fan speed on/off potentiometer is replaceable if you can obtain one and solder it in place. Any electronic repair shop could do this if you purchased the part.

Are you positive you didn’t have it in “test mode”?

Sounds like a common problem with the pot. I can replace it, just have to find one. It was not in test mode because it ran and warmed up the camp in room temp mode

Reactions: Washed-Up