1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Harman P61A: Rut Roh!

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by richg, Jan 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richg

richg Minister of Fire

Folks, my P61A occaisonally makes a knock at the very end of the auger feed cycle. This started before I burned a few bags of corn, and it is getting more noticeable. Does not do it every time, but I'm wondering if there could be something lodged in there or if the motor is going. Any ideas? I keep this thing clean as a whistle, even while burning corn. Thanks.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. pelletheat

pelletheat New Member

Sounds like the slide plate inside the feeder might be banging against the feeder. If there is longer pellets between the slide plate and the feeder body when the plate closes, the slide plate will break or cut the pellets. This will cause a metal to metal bang at the end of a feed cycle. You may want to inspect the pellets/corn (long pellets or small pieces of corn cobs mixed with corn).
    You can also pull the slide plate out of the feeder and try putting a sharpened edge on the end the plate that opens/closes, allowing it to cut any pellets/corn a little easier. Just make sure to put the plate back in the feeder the same way it comes out, bottom is solid plate, top as a half plate with a lip to push the pellets.
  3. HarryBack

HarryBack New Member

Loc:
    Western Massachusetts
    and make sure the feeder arm plate is engaged into the slide plate as well!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.