Harman p68 black ash

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shell

Feb 1, 2013
Ohio
This year we are burning Hamer's and the ash is mostly black and kind of heavy. I have done 2 cleanings and nothing has changed. Anyone have any ideas, besides changing pellets, I have 3 more ton for this winter.

Clean your venting and then see how it goes. Could be a bad batch of pellets also.

I get that sometimes when I'm not burning hard enough or hot enough. Also if the stove is shutting down starting up a lot. I would try turning the feed rate down some. If I run in manual mode with a lower feed rate in warm weather my stove runs cleaner. Just my .02

This year we are burning Hamer's and the ash is mostly black and kind of heavy. I have done 2 cleanings and nothing has changed. Anyone have any ideas, besides changing pellets, I have 3 more ton for this winter.
Get a couple pairs of cheap gloves, its going to be a long three tons.:)

Bioburner,~ Get a couple pairs of cheap gloves, its going to be a long three tons.:)
Really ;hm Don't let the door hit you in the ash, thanks for your help.

I'm with Northwoodneil. Try turning down the feed rate. Hamer is a pretty dense pellet. I used them several years ago and I remember similar results. Is the heat OK? Is it turning your glass black? I would definitely turn down the feed rate. I have mine a little over 2. I don't care that people say you should be able to set it at 3 or 4 and forget about it, I find it makes a difference at what I set it at depending on the pellet I'm burning.

Bioburner,~ Get a couple pairs of cheap gloves, its going to be a long three tons.:)
Really ;hm Don't let the door hit you in the ash, thanks for your help.
With the current temp of -18 my ash is up against the stove door and glad I don't have to do a fireworks display tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.