Harman P68 Blowers Turning Off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowlord256

Nov 25, 2015
Michigan
I am having an issue with my stove and best I can tell it may be heat related. After running for a while, all of the fans will start cycling on and off every few seconds. I have also noticed that all of the lights on the control panel go out except for the power light. It seems that when it does this the stove body is excessively hot. It will continue to cycle the fans until the stove cools off a bit and the fans stay on as they should. It will then operate normally for a while until it repeats the process. I had a service tech out and he checked the control board, according to him the board is fine.

What stove do you have - every stove make/model is different. If you put the stove info in your signature, it will always be there for future questions too.

What stove do you have - every stove make/model is different. If you put the stove info in your signature, it will always be there for future questions too.
I have to agree. Several stoves will go into a save mode if getting to hot. Then I wonder how lame the tech was not to be able to track down the problem. Could be a poorly running room fan, dust bunny invasion of it or a plug in the exchanger.

Reactions: bogieb

It is a Harman P68, I'm not sure on the year as it was in the house when I bought it. As soon as I get all the details on the stove I will be sure to add it to a signature. Thanks for the suggestion.

If a Harman gets to hot it should shut the feed down and run the room fan and exhaust and shut down the feed. The ESP helps control things there and would be a first thing to address. I would take off the room fan and clean it well. Not a very hard thing to do. Held on with 2 bolts and the power leads have spade terminals for easy removal.
Welcome to the site

It is a Harman P68, I'm not sure on the year as it was in the house when I bought it. As soon as I get all the details on the stove I will be sure to add it to a signature. Thanks for the suggestion.
Silly me, should have referenced the title. thanks for not giving me chit over it ;)

Silly me, should have referenced the title. thanks for not giving me chit over it ;)
What have we been drinking? I can't remember the heading either.

Reactions: bogieb
Took the room fan off and cleaned it all out, it was pretty dirty in there. Started back up and it looked to be working great. After about 5 minutes I noticed the room fan was no longer running. I tried turning up the fan speed, but it still wouldn't start up. The combustion fan, pellet feed, and ignitor all continued to function until the stove got so hot the panel started reseting itself. This time I also noticed that I got the esp failure. I'm running on room temp, would a bad esp be causing the problems?

I would try and hook the fan directly to power via its own cord to rule out the motor failing if you comfortable with making a cord and attaching to the spades of the fan assembly

Lot of ESP's being PIA this fall

GOOD DEAL! You will like that stove. We love ours here. Heat throwing beast. Stock up on pellets.

Status
Not open for further replies.