1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Harman Pellet Accentra Install

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Jared160, Apr 27, 2013.

?

ZC box or not?

1. YES

100.0%
  2. NO

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Build One

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jared160

Jared160 New Member

Loc:
    Harrisburg
    I just bought a accentra insert. I removed an old Gas Insert that was direct vent out the rear. I have approx. 23" deep and 63" wide on open area in the stick built bump out. Height is almost 9 feet. Do i need a zero clearance $350 box or can I build something that will pass code? I can supply pics if needed.

thanks
    Jared

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Lake Girl

Lake Girl Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NW Ontario
    I voted zero clearance - why mess around with your family's safety? The peace of mind (and ease with building inspectors) is worth the $350 IMO. Do it right the first time;)
    Lousyweather likes this.
  3. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH
    I worked on one. They are really nice for servicing. The stove just slides out and the exhaust disconnects automatically. It makes life alot easier!
  4. Lousyweather

Lousyweather Guest

UL listed device, UL listed cabinet....and the only acceptable installation in a nonmasonry opening says it's the RIGHT way to do it
  5. fedtime

fedtime Member

Loc:
    Down East Canada
    I did exactly the same thing - removed a propane insert and replaced it with with an Accentra insert. And yes, I did install the zero clearance box and OAK. All in all, it was well worth the investment. It is a very clean installation and yearly service is made easy.
    Lousyweather likes this.