harman room fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sure, as long as you got the same probe.....but, if you changed probes, you best be changing the setting. Its a pretty common thing these days.....all stoves except the P38's now come with the red wire probe....many dealers forget to ask which probe you need, and assume its the red one.........

As unlikely as it sounds, you could've received a bad replacement. My ESP lasted 5 days on a BRAND NEW stove, and quite possibly could've been wonky from day 1. Perhaps your dealer could stop by with a DDM and tell you what's going on.

Not saying this is the OP's problem, but there seems to be quite a few threads regarding bad ESP's lately. Prob just coincidence.

THIS STOVE WORKS LIKE IT SHOULD IN STOVE TEMP BUT IN ROOM TEMP FAN GOES OFF AND ON AND WILL NOT SHUT OFF WHEN IT GETS WARM OUT WILL IDLE DOWN BUT WILL NOT GO OUT ANY IDEAS MY DEALER WANTS 189.00 JUST TO CHECK IT OUT THANKS

THIS STOVE WORKS LIKE IT SHOULD IN STOVE TEMP BUT IN ROOM TEMP FAN GOES OFF AND ON AND WILL NOT SHUT OFF WHEN IT GETS WARM OUT WILL IDLE DOWN BUT WILL NOT GO OUT ANY IDEAS MY DEALER WANTS 189.00 JUST TO CHECK IT OUT THANKS
Is the Auto/Manual switch in AUTO?
then it will shut down..if in manual it will idle till the call for heat again.

well, no real way to test it without the DDM....that way, we'd have a numerical reading of the ESP. I tend to agree with the dealer.....

one switch may be in wrong location if your new esp's wires are different color that original,,

What color wires were on your old esp and on the new esp..if both red...or both black then switch should be fine..
if one is red and one is black..then switch #5

Reactions: Lousyweather
You said you change the pot, did you also change the one on the temp control?

Do any of them Pots have a manufacturer's Part number on them?
or a brand or anything?

one switch may be in wrong location if your new esp's wires are different color that original,,

What color wires were on your old esp and on the new esp..if both red...or both black then switch should be fine..
if one is red and one is black..then switch #5

red ESP wire.....Switch 5 ON
black ESP wire.....Switch 5 OFF

Do any of them Pots have a manufacturer's Part number on them?
or a brand or anything?
What is on the ones I replaced is Spain 257, same as what I got off Ebay. 100k

Attachments

• DSCN0299.JPG
    DSCN0299.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 91
Good to hear that you got your heat again. To bad that a third of this years savings is going to a 4 x 5 piece of tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.