Harman Stove Size for 2600 sq feet

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AZ23

Feb 19, 2014
canada
I have 2600 feet in a split entry,( Raised ranch) as per the pics. U walk in, u go downstairs to the left and that's the family room with a door opening and a small opening in the wall. Or when u come in the main foyer u can go upstairs to the open living room kitchen dining.

My picks are either p43 (43000), p61a (61000) or xxv (50000).3

what's my best bet.

Attachments

• house1.jpg
    house1.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 254
Is the 2600 sq ft the main floor? or main and basement combined?

I would say no less than the P61A

Reactions: Clueless Amy
That's what I'm leaning towards and my wife has no input.

Do u think it matters that the family room is about 12 wide by 22 long? Would it be over kill
Any thoughts on the xxv.

My family room is 13 x 16. I like the looks of the XXV, but my wife did not care for it, therefore she has input!..lol For the past 2 weeks I can keep the main floor between 20-22 and downstairs at around 24-25, I have a plan to route some hot air upstairs to the master bedroom with a duct, I use a 52 inch fan in the entrance, as well the HRV is in a 10 minute fresh air and 50 minute recirc mode. I think the duct would be huge for me in conjunction with the HRV intake about 20 ft away. Consumption has been at about .75 bag a day. Hydro has taken a heck of a drop from $8-9 a day to between $2-4

I didn't have much luck with room. I hung the wire above the hearth up about 4 feet and I'd leave it on all night but come down and find it off or cold. So I run in stove temp.

My wife keeps saying p61 because it's practical lol

I ran the probe outside the room, huge difference, had the same experience as you and realize that would not work for me.

Yes very similar to yours judging by the pics, but 2200 sq ft combined.

I think I'll upgrade to p61a. Urs near a tv??
No, its in the North/West corner and the TV is on the East wall.

So it's what ten feet away? The only thing gravitating to the xxv is the quietness but logically the p61a would win for biggest Bang for buck

I just installed a 61 a in the same size house, I strongly recommend that you go with the p 68. When it gets real cold, below 15, I have to max out my 61 to keep my house warm.

Wood stoves. Two of them.

dueling box stoves.jpg

Reactions: Clueless Amy
P61a and run it in Room Temp Manual. Works for me.

Do you think the xxv would be capable of heating as well? It's 11,000 but less - which I don't know if it's a lot to mmake a diff.

Do you think the xxv would be capable of heating as well? It's 11,000 but less - which I don't know if it's a lot to mmake a diff.

How much of the 2600 sqft house is your p43 heating? Do you really think the remaining unheated square footage will be heated by an additional 7000 BTU? How many BTU is your furnace, if you have one? That will be an indication of how big your stove needs to be.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.