Harman Stove Temp

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

derbydude

Feb 17, 2014
Stamford CT
I'm trying to figure out stove temps with my Accentra Insert.
I ran last year only on room temp with no issues. My tech told me to run on stove temp for longevity of igniter, better heat etc. So I'm trying it for a month now. So far so good.
I've run it on stove temp 1 - during day blower near Hi and bedtime near Low.
It heats about 900 sft (half my home) to 75 at day and 71 at night using 1 bag.
Is this the right way? Should I be turning up the stove temp dial rather than the blower?
I'm a little confused between the functionalities of the 2. Am I better off switching to room temp at bedtime?

You can do it either way but it sounds like you're dialed in pretty good right now. I have read some posts that suggest running the fan high gets more heat in the room and less up the flue. There seems to be some logic in that opinion but who knows.

Reactions: bogieb
I think each person has to experiment for themselves and see what works best in their circumstances. That being said, I wouldn't worry about the igniter - many Harman owners run their stoves exclusively on Room temp and their igniters last for years (and replacements are cheap even when they do go).

I've run both my stoves exclusively on Room temp this year. Still waiting for sustained cold weather to experiment with the main floor stove to see what works best (this is my first year with that one - previously had a Hastings there). When it gets really cold (negative nights and single-digit days), I usually put my basement stove on Stove temp so the foundation doesn't get a chance to get cold.

I don't think there is a "right" or "wrong" way to run the stove, that is why there are options. 1 bag a day doesn't sound bad to me and I think running blower on high brings more heat to the room.

What are you looking to gain that isn't happening now ?

Still waiting for sustained cold weather to experiment with the main floor stove

Your wish may come true tonight!!
weather.JPG

Reactions: bogieb
Status
Not open for further replies.