Harman Absolute Won’t Shutdown After Reached Temp

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Kevin102466

Aug 7, 2023
Manchester NJ
I’ve seen other posts with the same concerns. My thermostat is set at 70 but won’t shut down. Temp now 71. The feed rate does slow down considerably but stove still runs. Normal?

It’s usually within a few degrees, on my P61A it’s 4 degrees off

It also may need the software updated. Is the stove and venting clean?

It also may need the software updated. Is the stove and venting clean?
Yes sir. The stove is a week old. I did also update the software. I’ve had other stoves in the past that when your set temp is reached, it shuts right down. Just like it should. This one stays on albeit a much lower feed rate. The temp doesn’t shoot up much, maybe a degree, maximum 2 degrees. The feed rate drops considerably as well. Is this normal?

look in your manual. my stove has 2 options for thermostat control, off when it reaches temp, or low when it reaches temp

Reactions: Washed-Up