1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Harman top vent fit

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Pat4, Aug 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pat4

Pat4 New Member

Loc:
    VT
    Anyone have a problem with fitting a top vent kit to a Harman XXV?
    I ordered a top vent kit with our new Harman XXV and find that it does not fit over the top lip and align with the pre-drilled holes as described in the instructions that came with the vent kit. Now what? Take a grinder to the lip and make it fit or send it back for a new one. The alignment is off by 1/8" to 1/4" +/-. We bought this in NY but live in VT so not getting much from the local dealer.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. XXVMAX

XXVMAX New Member

Loc:
    central me
    I thought i had the same problem, but if you set it in place and push down....it actually slides a little ....enough so that it lines up...I didnt find it necessary to drill and put the screws at the top though.

Hope this helps,
    Jim
  3. Pat4

Pat4 New Member

Loc:
    VT
    Thanks...good to know we were not alone on this problem.
    We solved the issue with a rubber mallet and a bit of force. We did screw the top even though the screws went in along the top seam of the rear shield.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.