Harman Trim availablity

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lerxst

Sep 16, 2014
Johnston RI
Hi everyone, noticed in many signature pictures, that your Harman stoves have trim on them.
Did yours come as a kit ?
Were they bought separate?
Most important, does anyone have a link to where they sell trim accessories?
Cheapest?
I know many of you bought long ago, but any thing would be helpful.
Thanx.

I have just installed a new P61a. The stainless trim kit around the door was an extra $229 from the dealer and required drilling the door to install. A slate plaque under the firebox was another $90 and included a frame for mounting.

Two different stainless trim designs and both stainless and stone plaques in a couple of patterns were available through special order for the P series. Pics are shown on the Harman web site.

I think it was about $340.00 for all the trim accessories you see here. They supply a Cobalt bit to drill the door with to fasten the door trim. The rest is snap, push, set in place.

. Harman1.JPG

Reactions: bogieb
Love it! That's the exact same setup I installed. Just didn't have a photo to post.

Reactions: Cory S
I think it was about $340.00 for all the trim accessories you see here. They supply a Cobalt bit to drill the door with to fasten the door trim. The rest is snap, push, set in place.

.View attachment 163396
Hey, you got that drill bit still? When I finally get around to installing the trim, my understanding is I will need to do some drilling myself.

Hey, you got that drill bit still? When I finally get around to installing the trim, my understanding is I will need to do some drilling myself.
I have plenty of them! I could help you with it if you'd like.

How many ?
How deep?
and where do the holes go?

4.......all the way through..... At all four corners.....
When I did mine, I couldn't get the door trim to sit flush on the door. I reamed the holes pretty good, thought maybe one of the studs on the trim was bent. I called the dealer, he said ok, I'll Order you another, bending the stud would be a bad idea. New trim fit the same way so I brought the door to him. We basically forced trim to fit, then there is getting the handle back on. Forced that through. I said to the dealer, this isn't a wal-mart stove, shouldn't it fit better? This is my first season with a harman, I hope it lives up to the hype!

Each drill point was dimpled on the door to identify hole locations. Line up the trim to verify and if all looks good, drill through the dimplies.

Each drill point was dimpled on the door to identify hole locations. Line up the trim to verify and if all looks good, drill through the dimplies.
Yep. Slow and steady and as plumb as possible. Works great.

Yep. Slow and steady and as plumb as possible. Works great.
Yeah, seemed foolproof to me too, dimples, drill bit...and to think I was going to do the install! I couldn't' install the trim. I did manage the other pieces without incident!!

Reactions: bogieb
Got it from the stoves 4 less website, ordered it late Wednesday got it Friday morning, installed by Friday afternoon. Pretty easy, the piece on the door was a pain, drilled all 4 holes no prob, trim drops in no prob, handle hole does not line up right. Reamed the holes a tiny bit, used a rubber hammer and tapped the handle through. Ever since I swear my door closes better.
12096249_10207596006041280_7459057056996979565_n.jpg

Reactions: Cory S and bogieb
Looks good there! I can never drill holes straight, must be my female genes showing :(

Status
Not open for further replies.