Harman XXV combustion blower replacement question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nhdblfan

Jun 5, 2008
Central NH
Hi all,
the new (about 35 bags through it) this fall Harman XXV had its first failier Saturday.The stoove went out and the smell of smoke alerted me to a problem.Did a quick going over to be sure it was nothing obvious (clean,pellets in hopper and auger not jammed).When I called the dealer he had me check(check to be sure it was getting voltage-then pulled it and ran a direct line-DOA) the combustion blower and sure enough it failed.

I stopped by and picked up the new one and went to reinstall the impeller on the stub shaft and could not recall how far forward it was set.I ended up putting it a thick cardboard from the backing plate and tried it in the stove.Runs fine but there was lots of room left on that stub shaft.

Anyone else replace theirs recently (they must have had a bad batch form the supplier)and recall how far the impeller was set?

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.