Harman XXV exactly which igniter?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BKSinAZ

Jan 26, 2015
PineTop Arizona.
I have 3 questions please. I purchased my stove brand new in late 2014.

Which igniter does my Harman XXV use? In addition, does my Harman XXV have one or two igniters installed?

I have looked on YouTube to find out exactly how to remove an install igniters on an XXV, but unfortunately every other stove has a video pertain to igniters and not the harman XXV. How do I remove and reinstall new igniters?

Your XXV has ONE igniter, under & inside the burnpot cleanout area......
Loosen the thumb screws on the bottom front of the burn pot & lift the cover plate off.
There are (2) 1/4" hex head zip screws just above the cover that hold the igniter in place.
Remove them & the igniter will drop out.
Gently pull the igniter wire thru the body of the stove & into the burnpot cleanout area...
There should be two spades connecting the wiring thru to the back.
Disconnect those spades & plug the new igniter spade connectors in.
You will have to access the rear workings of the by removing one or more shrouds
stove to pull the wiring gently thru to the back. While you have it open, clean out the fines box...
Replace the zipscrews holding the igniter& cover & tighten the thumbscrews.

I believe the Harman igniters are standard in all of the automatic ignition stoves. I recently bought one on eBay for $40 to replace the igniter in my Accentra Insert and it has been working flawlessly. Much better than paying full price for an OEM part. Search Harman Igniter Hot Rod part # 3-20-677200 and I think that's what you're looking for, best to double check though. Your manual should have the part number for the igniter in it. Installation was relatively easy, too. DAKSY has it right.

Reactions: DAKSY