Harman XXV hole glass

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mikesorel

Mar 4, 2022
Québec
HI! I've got an Harman XXV and there is little hole near the glass to push air and automacally clean it.

This air is from the combustion blower but how can I clean these hole ?

They are full of ash and the vaccum is not enough.

Regards.

Mike

I use compressed air thru the back of the stove first thru the air inlet (door closed)then go to the front of the stove (door open)and use compressed air while holding a vacuum to prevent ash getting airborne. I believe there’s a video on YouTube from Don222 who’s a member here. Look up “cleaning harman airwash”

Reactions: Mt Bob
No, the air is drawn from the air intake. But I think you know this, just got lost in translation. There are several other ways, But what Don and other stove techs do is the "quick and dirty" way, probably will get a little dust in a house, but to be fair, you should only have to do it 1 time a year.

So what is source of air for the glass cleaner, combustion fan or fresh air port?

So what is source of air for the glass cleaner, combustion fan or fresh air port?
Fresh air port. If you ever remove the housing the little flapper is in, that a hose for outside air can connect to, look to the left, and that is usually where the hole for it is.