Harman xxv whining

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Harmander

Feb 7, 2023
Maine
Hey pellet people, I'll start out and say I've gone down the squealing rabbit hole. But I'm a somewhat nubie learning my Harman. I have a video of the sound my stove is making and im leaning away from auger issues. Any help is appreciated as I can't make it to the dealer in the next couple days. Thanks

Attachments

• 20230207_075701.mp4
    19.7 MB
Hey pellet people, I'll start out and say I've gone down the squealing rabbit hole. But I'm a somewhat nubie learning my Harman. I have a video of the sound my stove is making and im leaning away from auger issues. Any help is appreciated as I can't make it to the dealer in the next couple days. Thanks
Sorry I don't have great access to audio right now but:

Is this happening only when the auger is feeding pellets or is it all the time? You can run the stove in test mode to help diagnose.

Sorry I don't have great access to audio right now but:

Is this happening only when the auger is feeding pellets or is it all the time? You can run the stove in test mode to help diagnose.
The stove is running fine otherwise and the noise is constant, sometimes ramping up and coming down but doesn't seem related to the feed motor. I didn't think to run a test given all my lights are indicating function. Could the test reveal underlying issues? I'm not well versed on the literature but I have consulted it for proper cleaning. Thanks for the help btw!

I'll check the manual and dig into that tomorrow and let you know, hopefully get some sleep with this this whining, at least it's good incentive to figure it out
Combustion fan is very easy to remove. Id remove, Clean, and reinstall, or see if the fasteners are loose.

Reactions: Oregun
Combustion fan

Hey all thanks for the replies, I cleaned the combustion fan and it quieted down to its original volume (purchased stove used this year) but I thought it was still louder than it should be. I went ahead and replaced the CF and it's very quiet now. Huge improvement.

Sidenote the replacement had matching item numbers but a different design so im assuming I had an original and they've updated it? Thanks again!