1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Harmen Accentra Insert with or without OAK

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by bee_2102, Apr 2, 2013.

1. glenc0322

glenc0322 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    long Island NY
    I have an Accentra Insert and did not have an OAK installed when I had the stove installed. My house is insulated pretty good but the windows are crap and I get alot of drafts in the house when the stove is cranking. you feel a cold draft going towards the stove when the weather drops below 30. I am going to Install an oak over the summer. My stove has a zero clearance box. So the install is different then someones that is in a fire place. I am aslo going to use the Selkirk DT to only have 1 penetration through my roof. and get the advantage of heating the incoming air. Just wish I did some more research before I had my stove installed and had the oak installed when the stove was installed

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. moey

moey Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern Maine
    I noticed a difference when I added my OAK before it I had hot and cold spots now have a much more uniform heat gradient. Didn't make any difference in the burn.
  3. fmsm

fmsm Minister of Fire

Loc:
    South of Boston MA
    Scott installed mine about a week ago and I do notice a big difference in the stability of the temperature and I now have no cold draft along the floor.

Well worth doing in my opinion.