Harmon Absolute43C--Easy Touch Control ???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

fenderblue

Jan 23, 2019
Missouri
Not getting much good info from user guide or dealer, doesn't call. Very good feature but can't figure the calibration. What good is it? Settings are:Bag size 40#, hopper size 40#, then a calibration percentage. What percentage should it be? I was thinking my feed rate which I was told by the store janitor to keep it on 50%. I really like the scheduling mode, I think it actually saves fuel' Haven't figured how to dowmload the software update, I tried but I can't things to work.

I believe the calibration your talking about is just it can monitor how much fuel your burning, and remind you to clean your stove every so many bags. The flame height varies a little from house to house. The main indicator is that you want 1” between the edge of your fire and the edge of your pot. What part of MO are you from?

Are these the percentages you’re talking about?
22F81686-44A6-45C2-9C88-072C7BC287FC.png

i assume this is what you mean after reading your question again. The calibration automatically sets after you’ve set your bag size and run a bag through. You have to tell it every time you add pellets and I believe as the stove tracks when you’ve added pellets against how many auger turns it gives you a more and more accurate low fuel indicator which I believe gives you a higher calibration percentage. Of course, you loose all that data in a power loss, which would be frustrating. What percentage is yours showing?
18ADEA3B-6862-4BC3-B65C-A6BD10A78564.png
18ADEA3B-6862-4BC3-B65C-A6BD10A78564.png

I believe the calibration your talking about is just it can monitor how much fuel your burning, and remind you to clean your stove every so many bags. The flame height varies a little from house to house. The main indicator is that you want 1” between the edge of your fire and the edge of your pot. What part of MO are you from?
50 miles north of Kansas City

i assume this is what you mean after reading your question again. The calibration automatically sets after you’ve set your bag size and run a bag through. You have to tell it every time you add pellets and I believe as the stove tracks when you’ve added pellets against how many auger turns it gives you a more and more accurate low fuel indicator which I believe gives you a higher calibration percentage. Of course, you loose all that data in a power loss, which would be frustrating. What percentage is yours showing?View attachment 249899View attachment 249899
I have been using a Accentra for 15 years so I have pellet operations and cleaning. Calibration makes more sense now after explanations. I did a complete clean and I did unplug the unit so I lost my clock but did not loose my schedule. With a clean hopper I filled and set to calibrate but I did set my calibration @50% manually and probably burnt 1/3 a bag over night. Now it is in the light flashing mode w/plenty pellets in it. I guess I will just have let it flash til the calibration is done although you always have 4-5# of pellets left with the slope of the tank. But it is heating the house in good shape.

That’s too far away for me! I mainly just run around the southwest corner. Honestly, I have had very few customers interested in messing with the calibration and cleaning prompts

That’s too far away for me! I mainly just run around the southwest corner. Honestly, I have had very few customers interested in messing with the calibration and cleaning prompts
I ran a bag through and got the calibration complete yesterday. This morning I checked and it tells how much I am using and what is left in the hopper as you were talking about. The percentage is at a minus 22%. What should that mean to me? Or will it change. I might add that I have been using the coiled up sensor and added 8' extension which worked through last season. Now I have extended it another 10' or so I could catch the draft from the hallway to the bedrooms. I feel it will work better.

I have calibrated twice in the last week. I ended up with a -7% calibration, whatever that means. Everything is working fine. Burned 26# in the last 24 hrs. Also have a 49% feed rate. Fire to the edge of fire pot is usually about 1 1/2''.