1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Harmon Accentra insert distribution blower access

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by davidon, Oct 12, 2012.

1. davidon

davidon Member

Loc:
    MD
    Guys is there a step by step guide on how to remove the distribution blower on the Accentra insert? Looking at the blower part online and then at the part in the insert..does not seem obvious how to pull the blower out of the bottom. Its getting that loud rattling sound and want to check/clean it.
    Thanks

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Delta-T

Delta-T Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NH
    you basically have to pull the unit out and lay it back so you can get the whole blower assembly out from underneath...IIRC is 3 bolts that hold it in. You'll be removing the fan and its housing all together.
  3. Dan Kerr

Dan Kerr New Member

It's a big job, be careful with the wires
  4. kinsmanstoves

kinsmanstoves Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Kinsman, Oh 44428 Brookfield, Oh 44403
    be careful with your back.

Eric
  5. MSmith66

MSmith66 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central NY
    it is a pretty easy job, When you get ready, let us know. Your not alone!
  6. Evan_J

Evan_J Member

Loc:
    Southern NH
    If your hearth is raised and you've got a sturdy rail kit, you can drop the blower out while the stove is on the rails. Mechanically its not a tough job, four nuts that retain the fan & ground wire, and two self tapping screws that keep the wiring out of the fan. And of course, two wiring connectors. Keep in mind if you attempt this with the stove on the rails that you are working underneath a few hundred pounds. Not something to mess around with or even attempt without proper support.
  7. DAKSY

DAKSY Patriot Guard Rider Staff Member

Loc:
    Averill Park, NY, on Burden Lake II...
    Here's the support method for an insert on a raised heath...

Attached Files:

8. davidon

davidon Member

Loc:
    MD
    OK finally got around to the blower. used a car jack to tilt unit for access. Did not try and pull wires through unit, just cut wires, removed blower and pulled it out. Took off fan wheel (need an allen wrench) and took motor out. Cleaned everything. Motor now turns fine but still rattles. There is a small blind hole bearing on the top inside of the motor which could be the source. Did not have a proper tool to get it out so left it for now. next time i'm back in I will pull it and replace. Butt spliced cut wires.
  9. davidon

davidon Member

Loc:
    MD
    PS I think you can pick up the motor alone if you take the wheel off for much cheaper than an OEM part.
  10. fedtime

fedtime Member

Loc:
    Down East Canada
    I just replaced mine this past fall with a non-OEM part from Amazon. It works great and was much cheaper (particularly here in Canada where the OEM part was $400) but is somewhat louder than the original at full speed.

Install was easy - wires were colour coded the same as OEM; just needed to crimp on some wire connectors.