Harmon air intake kit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snikr

Sep 14, 2008
Wallingford, VT
A co-worker of mine is looking for a Cold Air Intake kit for his Harmon P-68 Pellet Stove. Local dealer (The Stove Depot in Rutland, VT) is NO HELP at all. Ordered it for him a month ago and he has not gotten it yet. Any idea where he could get one here in Vermont or on the Net? Or what would he need to get to build a kit himself? Thanks

Assuming that the harmon stoves have the standard 2" round rear air inlet, you can usually find them listed on ebay.

Thanks for the help. My friend was FINALLY able to find the parts he needed to make a outside air kit up, no thanks to our local Harmon dealer.

and uhh....just exactly what parts were those? :cheese:

I'm in the same boat...sort of. anything I've found marketed specifically as a pellet stove outside air kit seems to be ridiculously overpriced. (and thats assuming that you can get them).

I saw that thing on e-bay....looks like some guy w/ an entrepreneurial spirit is whipping them up in his basement out of flex pipe and a round soffit vent. looks good to me...

but 2" is too small. Harman is a funny size...2 3/8 ID (according to the manual). I put a tape on the intake collar of my stove this morning, and it appears to be 2 3/4 "OD". looks to me like 2 3/8ths would be extremely loose in there.

Funny, the manual says that for really long runs, it should be increased to 3". It doesn't say how one would actually go about doing that. 8-/

cac4 said:
Funny, the manual says that for really long runs, it should be increased to 3". It doesn't say how one would actually go about doing that. 8-/

The easiest solution to that would be to go to your local auto parts/muffler shop and get a 2" to 3" adapter for exhaust systems.

If the auto parts don't have them, any decent muffler shop should be able to make one.

Status
Not open for further replies.