Harmon P61a firepot question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

frankie

Jun 12, 2012
Stroudsburg Pa.
DSC00742_zpsa98c53b5.jpg

I am new to pellet burning. Should the firepot fill up with pellets completely covering the air holes or is filling up half way with pellets normal? Mine fills up halfway.

Halfway is normal, as it burns it will push the ashes toward the end of the pot pushing them over the edge into the ash pan. It will then appear that the pot is full. You will want to open the door daily and using your tool that came with the stove pull some of the ash over the pot into the ash pan. Are you burning in Stroudsburg already, or just test burning? Not quite cold enough down here in Kutztown yet for burning.

Halfway is normal, as it burns it will push the ashes toward the end of the pot pushing them over the edge into the ash pan. It will then appear that the pot is full. You will want to open the door daily and using your tool that came with the stove pull some of the ash over the pot into the ash pan. Are you burning in Stroudsburg already, or just test burning? Not quite cold enough down here in Kutztown yet for burning.

I am just test burning to get the hang of the knobs and everything. Will keep my eye on the ash being pushed up.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.