Harmon PB 105 ESP probe- frayed wire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Heat Ray

Dec 26, 2013
New York
Hey guys. The wire going to my ESP probe has frayed and separated. Obviously it needs replacing, but I tried splicing the wire and every time that I do it shuts down the system. Leaving only the 3 blink code. If I disconnect, the code continues to blink but the boiler runs. The water is not heating up beyond 100 degrees and I'm just trying to discern is, if I am splicing the wire why is it shutting down completely? Any input would be great. Planning on picking up a new probe tomorrow hopefully.
Thanks

Probably not a good electrical connection at the splice. Is the splice soldered, or just twisted together?

Hey Heat Ray,
Did you ever get your ESP issue solved?
My PB 105 is showing the same symptoms. Id be interested to hear how yours worked out.
steevo

Hey Heat Ray,
Did you ever get your ESP issue solved?
My PB 105 is showing the same symptoms. Id be interested to hear how yours worked out.
steevo

He hasn't been around since last year