Harmon Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

millerag

Oct 19, 2008
Dauphin, Pa
Couple of questions......... is Paying $3000 too much for a Harmon stove (P-61, Accentra, XXV are around $3000 to $3500)?

Also if you had a choice between a p-61 or an Accentra what you you pick?

I paid $2700 for my P61A 2 years ago (Spring clearance), so 3000 for the same model doesn't seem outrageous. All depends on your heating needs. I preferred the Accentra for the style, but it didn't have the heating capability of the P61A.

Nothing unusual with that. I paid $3400 for my Accentra insert. The Freestandings are around $300 less.
Of course there are many who think there grossly overpriced anyway.

millerag said:
Couple of questions......... is Paying $3000 too much for a Harmon stove (P-61, Accentra, XXV are around $3000 to $3500)?

P-61
more btu's
easier to clean
direct drive to auger is a plus too.

millerag said:

$3500 seems a bit high for the XXV. I paid about $3000. The dealer gave a 10% discount off of list. Althought the price may have come up since July.

With oil plunging, you would probably do better waiting. Also, I had heard that there may be a tax deduction if you buy in 09.

Status
Not open for further replies.