Harmon XXV doing it's Job best that it can!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dataman

Minister of Fire
Sep 10, 2018
Newport, Wa
Burning thru the pellets at -20f this AM (Newport WA, Diamond Lake). OAK is really frosty. House dropped 74-70f this AM. Warmed up to 18f or more now after Sun had started doing it's job.

Harmon XXV doing it's Job best that it can! Harmon XXV doing it's Job best that it can! Harmon XXV doing it's Job best that it can!

Similar story here today in Oregon. Only 23F outside and 72F inside. First real test of our XXV this winter.
Dataman, -20F now thats Cold! Snow & freezing rain supposed to start tonight and tomorrow.

Yes it's doing it's best. Still 70f inside. Running at 90f setting. Pellet use seems normal. But it's cranking. Glad I did cleaning recently. Back to Heat Pump by Next Monday. Only forcast for -5f tonight. Darn Warm.

I used to have a frosty OAK from time to time until I started using a fan to blow warmer air behind the stove.