Harmon XXV not lighting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aqualab

Jan 12, 2009
Upstate NY
Our stove stopped igniting in auto mode today. We've had it for almost five years now and this is the first issue we have had, so I guess we are lucky. I checked the burn pot, cleaned out any ash, etc.... Blower is operating. How hard is it to change out the igniter on this stove? When replacing the igniter how do you pull the excess wire out through the back so they are not in the burn pot per the manual - I don't see how to do that without having to maybe take the back of the stove off at the blowers? What does an igniter go for $$$ on the Harmon XXV? Thanks for any help in advance.

I just outlined this on another post for XXV ignitor replacement.. I'll find it 4 U...

Five years with one ignitor?? You are lucky.
With Harman it looks like an annual maintenance thing. :MAD:

Status
Not open for further replies.