Hart and Cooley TLC Class A/Metal Fab stove pipe compatibility

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Badfish740

Minister of Fire
Oct 3, 2007
Does anyone know if Hart and Cooley Class A TLC chimney will connect to Metal Fab stove pipe? Hart and Cooley and Metal Fab are both manufactured by Excelsior Manufacturing and Hart and Cooley does not list any kind of stove pipe anywhere on their website.

My Hart & Cooley SS is connected to a Selkirk double wall stove pipe. I'm assuming the installers checked that this is approved, but perhaps I have too much confidence in my fellow man?

DoubleWall.jpg

ClassA_UL.jpg

corner1.jpg

Pagey said:
My Hart & Cooley SS is connected to a Selkirk double wall stove pipe. I'm assuming the installers checked that this is approved, but perhaps I have too much confidence in my fellow man?

I wasn't really thinking in terms of whether or not its approved but rather if it will actually work. I understand that there is not standardization across the board (like national pipe thread for example) when it comes to chimney pipe connections. If Selkirk definitely works I'll look at that.

Gotcha, we're on the same page now. Well, there's photographic proof that the Hart & Cooley will mate with the Selkirk! I don't recall the installers having any issues with the installation, and they didn't make any negative comments, so it must have worked just fine.

Pagey said:
Gotcha, we're on the same page now. Well, there's photographic proof that the Hart & Cooley will mate with the Selkirk! I don't recall the installers having any issues with the installation, and they didn't make any negative comments, so it must have worked just fine.

Thanks! I couldn't ask for more indisputable evidence ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.