Has any one saved charcoal?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 5, 2016
Frederick md
so if I choke my stove all the way down before bed and work, it will not burn everything all the way down.

that's good in the sense that you stir the coal tight, blows some ash, and you have fire again.

I try to avoid that, and give the stove just enough air to burn most everything, but still leave me something to work with when I get home, or wake up.

so, the real question is what is the harm in manufacturing charcoal, from your stove? I have never tryed to put it on the grill. but, it acts just like say-'kingsford' dose.

assuming you were to handle and store it, under the assumption it could go up at any given time. could using the wood stove eliminate my need for charcoal in cold months?

No harm as long as the fire is not smoldering and mucking up the chimney.

I make some with my Hampton Hi200 but us it in the garden as a soil amendment.

I've used charcoal that's produced from my stove in my Primo. It works great!

Status
Not open for further replies.