Has anyone seen this before?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dafattkidd

Minister of Fire
Dec 11, 2007
Long Island
Check this out. I am searching for creative and attractive ways to store wood on my property. I have a small lot with a lot of slopes, and my house is placed oddly on the lot. I came across this. Has anyone seen it before? It's really cool, but I don't think I can buy it in the states. http://www.leenders.nl/UK/25/16/4/woodstocker-a-look-inside.html

What do you guys think?

At first I was skeptical, but after converting mm to feet the "wood store" is 8.2 ft high, 4.1 ft wide, and 2.95 ft deep totaling 99.179 cubic feet on an 12 square ft. footprint. = .775 cord. I guess you could stack wood on pallets 8.2 ft high but it would be more dangerous than the wood store.

Odd design: "Rusting proces takes place in the first two years " rust=cool

Corten steel. Fancy. It forms an oxide layer on the outside that prevents further corrosion. I'm guessing those aren't cheap.

If you are looking to pay for wood storage, why not have a local contractor build you a shed??

It would work okay but I'd bet you can easily build one yourself for about 1/4 the price and it would be a good weekend project.

I guess I could build one out of wood, but I couldn't weld it. I just thought it was cool. I think it's strange that wood storage items like that haven't caught on at all in the states. I'm still working on how to store 4 cords of wood on 1/3 acre- and still have it look neat, and not fall on my 2 year old son's head. The other problem I've been having is I have been storing the wood in the front and people keep taking my wood, and knocking over my piles. So I have to change something.

Nope...don't like 'em at all. Just something, I dunno but they definitely have an evil eye thing about them. If you do a search you will see many fine examples of wood-burners storing stacking on pallets along slopes. The trick is to securely level up the pallet on the down hill side.

DaFattKidd said:
I guess I could build one out of wood, but I couldn't weld it. I just thought it was cool. I think it's strange that wood storage items like that haven't caught on at all in the states.

I agree. It's giving me ideas...

If you didn't have any wood you could use it as a bus stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.