Has anyone used www.cheapchimney.com/?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dmitry

Minister of Fire
Oct 4, 2014
CT
Has anyone used https://www.cheapchimney.com/ The prices are perfect but the site seems sketchy. When clicking to buy things the message" contact the store" appears.

If you have any doubts make sure you pay with a credit card or Paypal so you'll have protection and be able to get your money back if they turn out not to be legit.

I would be careful, not only with your credit card, but also with the product. You want things delivered quickly and in great condition. They haven't posted in ages on Facebook. The last posting there is someone asking if they are still in business because they are not anwering their calls. That was in 2020.

What liner are you trying to order?

I would be careful, not only with your credit card, but also with the product. You want things delivered quickly and in great condition. They haven't posted in ages on Facebook. The last posting there is someone asking if they are still in business because they are not anwering their calls. That was in 2020.

What liner are you trying to order?

I haven't ever had a credit card in my life but have had a couple store charge cards and a debit card. It is my understanding that a credit card would cover a purchase if it turned out to be fraud or the product isn't as advertised. Is that not correct?

I have been told that if I buy something online with my debit card and it turns out to be fraud or not as advertised then it's my problem.

I couldn’t find a physical address for the location on the webpage. When that happens it’s usually a website I don’t do business with.

I haven't ever had a credit card in my life but have had a couple store charge cards and a debit card. It is my understanding that a credit card would cover a purchase if it turned out to be fraud or the product isn't as advertised. Is that not correct?

I have been told that if I buy something online with my debit card and it turns out to be fraud or not as advertised then it's my problem.
Correct on both accounts. Pass on that site.

If you're looking to order a heavy wall liner, try Fireside Chimney Supply. I got a quote from them a year or so ago. They were one of only a few vendors I found that will sell heavy wall liners to the general public. Most vendors only sell light wall or maybe midweight.

I almost bought from them too but it looks like they're out of business / no real contact info. Went with a company called Royal / Chimney Liner Depot - their site said "don't buy until you talk to us" and they mean it! Much better pricing just by picking up the phone. Offered an additional discount for picking up, they're south of Scranton, PA.