Has spring arrived yet?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

elkimmeg

Forecast tonight up to 6'' of snow Time to go out and get some more wood and fire up the stove. I't hard to believe as I worked only in a sweatshirt stacking wood today

Elk, Everyone in my neighborhood has fired up their lawn mowers and is cutting grass. It's 80*F and I'm in my shorts and a T-shirt... outside. Yeah, dude, it's spring... if you don't live in New England!

Mo

60 degrees here in Wisconsin today. Cleaned up some of the wood that the local utility took down by lines running through my property. Elm with an 8 lb maul. Wrists are sore, and back is sore, but it was a beautiful day in the woods with my six year old son.

Early spring's here in force. Leaves are about 20% out. Rhodies and camelias are coming into bloom. Wet rainy and in the low 50s.

Attachments

• early_spring-010.jpg
    early_spring-010.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 321
Warm here today so I cut and hauled a bunch of big red oak rounds up from the woods. You guys talk like this stuff is fun. To this old fart it is just plain old work!

Beer and online poker time.

I worked on the wife's brakes. We're supposed to get about an inch tonight, but I'm hoping it just comes down as rain.

Matt

60's here today and rain tomorrow. 70's forcasted for Monday. No fire for the last few days. I've been busy cutting, splitting and stacking wood. Already have 3 cords ready for next year and another 3 needs splitting/stacking for the following year. Bring on spring! I'm ready to catch some Walleyes!

BG, Nice paverstone and landscaping. Really lovely. Congrats.

whow the snow came in early. It was suoposed to rain and change to snow after midnight, but it started an hour back and we have an inch already

BG that's a great picture. Elk It's snowing here too, but
the forecast only shows 2-4" for my area. Snowplow
is off the Jeep and not going back on until the Fall.
I'll be happy when it's 80F here and the stove is off
for the season too!

Here in SouthEastern Ct, near the coast, it's just rian. looks like the long range forcast has temps moderating into the 50's and 60's. overnight lows only in the low to mid 30's. I'm thinking Spring has sprung in Southern N.E.

Mo Heat said:
BG, Nice paverstone and landscaping. Really lovely. Congrats.

Thanks. It will take a couple years for all the baby plants to grow and become established, but it's off to a good start.

Elk...It's just "March madness" in new england!
It started to rain "up here on the hill" around 6:45. Changed to snow around 8:15 1" at 10pm...I just went outside to check on the boiler at 3AM...2 1/4" but it isn't sticking to the driveway...so hopefully it will be gone by Monday.
If I were a "gambling man" I'd bet we are in for two more "snow showers/storms" April 1st and on Easter...would follow the track record of snow on Val. day and St. Pats...lol

The storm came in early and all we rec'd was rain. The snow is almost gone and I'm starting to clean up the yard today. I started to get a few leads on trees down too. I may get all my scrounging in early!

Matt

Again over hyped about 2" on grassy surfaces , most driveways and roads have melted by now. Not enough to x-country ski

I think I will work on my wood supply today. All said and done I should have 11/12 cords stacked About 2 years ahead

+50 hear all night, snow's about gone, little left in the shadows and deep woods, had about 2/10ths of an inch of rain this morning, freshened up everything. Sunny and 62 right now which ain't too bad for 10 am on the 25th of March!! (were about 2 weeks early for this warmth)..

T

Sunshine, Blue Birds, Robins, Blue Herons, Volutes over head, cleaning up the wood pile , snow and ice under the saw dust, in the shadows.. I started stacking green wood on the wood pile end I was taking wood off this year. ^65 today, 71 tomorrow, just burning junk wood to take off the chill.

Yep. It's spring today. Log splitter broke. Then the hitch of the wood hauling trailer broke.

Crocus. Their brethern is the source of saffron.

BrotherBart said:
Yep. It's spring today. Log splitter broke. Then the hitch of the wood hauling trailer broke.

Damn, BB! Your luck is as good as mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.