Have a Fireview and just lately have to set air below 1,been this cold before!

Bub381 Posted By Bub381, Dec 27, 2012 at 7:41 PM

1. ddddddden

ddddddden
    Minister of Fire

Oct 20, 2009
    Loc:
    Central Va
    Shackle is my word. There's probably another word for it, but I don't know what it is. You'll see it. ;)

If your gasket is 100% flat under the cat frame, and the metal-metal contact is not on the bottom of the frame, but on the side of the frame, toward the back of the stove, that sounds like it might be okay. . .

2. Bub381

Bub381
    Minister of Fire

Feb 4, 2011
    Loc:
    Mid-coast Maine
    I tested it,it's underneath.Shouldn't have flattened out already.10-4 on the shackle.I just checked why the bypass was catching.From the handle to the horseshoe shaped threaded piece inside the stove that hooks this onto the damper plate itself,there are 2 nuts,the bottom 1 is hitting on the handle.If it were turned a bit i think it would clear but whereas i can work it and it wont cause wear i'll leave well enough alone.

3. ddddddden

ddddddden
    Minister of Fire

Oct 20, 2009
    Loc:
    Central Va
    Yeah, that.

On mine, there's some play in the "axle" of the handle that lets it slide a bit. With the handle axle slid out away from the stove, the nut clears when the handle is rotated. ;hm

4. charly

charly

U bolt;).

5. Bub381

Bub381
    Minister of Fire

Feb 4, 2011
    Loc:
    Mid-coast Maine
    Ubolt,correct.ddddddddddddddden,that's exactly what i'm talkin about.

6. Bub381

Bub381
    Minister of Fire

Feb 4, 2011
    Loc:
    Mid-coast Maine
    I found the problem,the slider was off track in my primary air.Thanks Dennis.

Backwoods Savage likes this.
  7. Todd

Todd
    Minister of Fire

Nov 19, 2005
    Loc:
    Lake Wissota
    Hey, no fair giving credit to Dennis for my suggestion. Lol, glad you got it fixed, it should run much better.

8. Bub381

Bub381
    Minister of Fire

Feb 4, 2011
    Loc:
    Mid-coast Maine
    You sure are right.Dennis told me this in another message and i forgot about your message or missed it.Thank ya Todd ;) i may even send ya a Christmas card next yr.Have a good 1.