1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Have a Fireview and just lately have to set air below 1,been this cold before!

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Bub381, Dec 27, 2012.

1. ddddddden

ddddddden Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Va
    Shackle is my word. There's probably another word for it, but I don't know what it is. You'll see it. ;)

If your gasket is 100% flat under the cat frame, and the metal-metal contact is not on the bottom of the frame, but on the side of the frame, toward the back of the stove, that sounds like it might be okay. . .

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Bub381

Bub381 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Mid-coast Maine
    I tested it,it's underneath.Shouldn't have flattened out already.10-4 on the shackle.I just checked why the bypass was catching.From the handle to the horseshoe shaped threaded piece inside the stove that hooks this onto the damper plate itself,there are 2 nuts,the bottom 1 is hitting on the handle.If it were turned a bit i think it would clear but whereas i can work it and it wont cause wear i'll leave well enough alone.
  3. ddddddden

ddddddden Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Va
    Yeah, that.

On mine, there's some play in the "axle" of the handle that lets it slide a bit. With the handle axle slid out away from the stove, the nut clears when the handle is rotated. ;hm
  4. charly

charly Guest

U bolt;).
  5. Bub381

Bub381 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Mid-coast Maine
    Ubolt,correct.ddddddddddddddden,that's exactly what i'm talkin about.
  6. Bub381

Bub381 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Mid-coast Maine
    I found the problem,the slider was off track in my primary air.Thanks Dennis.
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  7. Todd

Todd Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lake Wissota
    Hey, no fair giving credit to Dennis for my suggestion. Lol, glad you got it fixed, it should run much better.
  8. Bub381

Bub381 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Mid-coast Maine
    You sure are right.Dennis told me this in another message and i forgot about your message or missed it.Thank ya Todd ;) i may even send ya a Christmas card next yr.Have a good 1.