Have you seen this brand of pellets? Freedom Fuel Pellets?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

teamorange

Oct 8, 2008
RHODE ISLAND
I bought a ton of these from Home Depot, hopefully they are a good brand... Anyone used them or heard of them before? Freedom Fuel Pellets... I attached a pic

Attachments

• pellets.jpg
    pellets.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 530
I have heard of these before....I think they are a southern company.

According to their website, their pellets are from pine sawdust......."Freedom Fuel Pellets have an ash content of only .35%. Our moisture content is also extremely low, only 5.78%. Freedom Fuel Pellets score exceptionally well in chloride levels, ash content and fines (dust levels).

www.freedomfuelusa.net

They say they are Premium pellets. Does the bag have any mention of the Pellet Fuels Institute on it? Burn a few bags and let everyone on the site know what you think.

I would like to know how do also. Given the specs that macman mentioned, they might qualify for the new "Super-Premium" rating.

Yes as soon as the pellet stove gets installed, which should be within a week I will let everyone know what I think. I also might give a bag to a friend to burn to see what he thinks compared to what he is burning now...

teamorange said:
I also might give a bag to a friend to burn to see what he thinks compared to what he is burning now...

Great idea!

i burned about 20 bags last season, from home depot.
They were ok...they burned better than the penningtons I had also bought to try.
They are softwood pellets and seemed to burn quicker (hotter also) than hardwood pellets
Ive tried.
I would buy them again.

I used 2 tons last year Paid $224.00 a ton in mid winter, At that time they did not have the pellet institute stamp on them, but now they do.
They burned very dirty compared to New England pellets, black ash, and they had a funny smell when you opened the bag. I mixed them until I ran out of the NEP
they also did not burn as hot.

I bought two tons earlier this year. I have burned about 5 -6 bags so far. These pellets seem to burn very well and clean. They do burn quick but do also burn hot. Have not experienced any "clickers" yet. I paid $252 a ton at the home depot.

Status
Not open for further replies.