1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Have you seen this brand of pellets? Freedom Fuel Pellets?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by teamorange, Oct 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teamorange

teamorange New Member

Loc:
    RHODE ISLAND
    I bought a ton of these from Home Depot, hopefully they are a good brand... Anyone used them or heard of them before? Freedom Fuel Pellets... I attached a pic

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. imacman

imacman Guest

I have heard of these before....I think they are a southern company.

According to their website, their pellets are from pine sawdust......."Freedom Fuel Pellets have an ash content of only .35%. Our moisture content is also extremely low, only 5.78%. Freedom Fuel Pellets score exceptionally well in chloride levels, ash content and fines (dust levels).

www.freedomfuelusa.net

They say they are Premium pellets. Does the bag have any mention of the Pellet Fuels Institute on it? Burn a few bags and let everyone on the site know what you think.
  3. crausch

crausch New Member

Loc:
    Littlestown, PA
    I would like to know how do also. Given the specs that macman mentioned, they might qualify for the new "Super-Premium" rating.
  4. teamorange

teamorange New Member

Loc:
    RHODE ISLAND
    Yes as soon as the pellet stove gets installed, which should be within a week I will let everyone know what I think. I also might give a bag to a friend to burn to see what he thinks compared to what he is burning now...
  5. imacman

imacman Guest

Great idea!
  6. rayttt

rayttt Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    poconos pa
    i burned about 20 bags last season, from home depot.
    They were ok...they burned better than the penningtons I had also bought to try.
    They are softwood pellets and seemed to burn quicker (hotter also) than hardwood pellets
    Ive tried.
    I would buy them again.
  7. woodsman23

woodsman23 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    western southern tier of NYS
    They are wayyyyyyyyyy overpriced at the homey. They are a good pellet but man over 300 a ton.
  8. Bxpellet

Bxpellet Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Bronx, NY
    I used 2 tons last year Paid $224.00 a ton in mid winter, At that time they did not have the pellet institute stamp on them, but now they do.
    They burned very dirty compared to New England pellets, black ash, and they had a funny smell when you opened the bag. I mixed them until I ran out of the NEP
    they also did not burn as hot.
  9. JML1

JML1 New Member

Loc:
    Western Ma
    I bought two tons earlier this year. I have burned about 5 -6 bags so far. These pellets seem to burn very well and clean. They do burn quick but do also burn hot. Have not experienced any "clickers" yet. I paid $252 a ton at the home depot.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.