About 3 years ago my husband and I purchased a Hearthstone Phoenix soap stone wood burning stove and d it was professionally installed by the dealer. It seemed to work fine for the first two years. This year we noticed a couple of blow-ups within the stove--(like it was starving for air)--and a lot of smoke coming back into the room when we opened the door, even when the chimney was hot. After looking up towards the baffle we noticed a fire resistant--(we assume packing material) that was lying on the top of the baffle. We didn't notice this when it was first installed and we assume that the blow-ups moved it around enough to where we could see it. After we removed this--the stove is drafting fine and working properly. How it worked over the first couple of years without us noticing it--still has us guessing, but the smoke was almost intolerable this year. We assume that the installers did not know it was in there as it was not visible--and the dealer did not think to remove it before they brought it up to the house. Anyway--if you're having problems with draft you may want to check, once your stove cools down to see if there is any material on top of the baffle that needs to be removed.