Having to install a free standing unit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bmdakk

Aug 29, 2011
W Va
Well I have been informed that I cant install an insert in my prefab fireplace, and I have to tear it out and do a freestanding unit.. who do I get to do this? will the stove dealers do this for me or will I need to have it done prior to getting a stove?

Have you asked the stove dealer's you are working with what their opinion is yet? Some do full service, some simply sell. It depends on who you have locally.

pen

Havent got that far yet. was just told today by my fireplace manuf. that i couldnt do the insert.. wasnt sure if the dealers would do the complete deal or not. I will ask when I call tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.