Hawken went out of business.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

U.P.Boiler

Nov 15, 2015
Michigan , UP, Moran
So i purchased a Hawken HE 1100 last spring. Went right to the factory talked and figuered out what was best for my situation. Installed summer of 2015 and loving it. Hawken went and closed up shop. Bankruptcy from what little i could find on the net. So now im out a warranty which most likely would of been a chore to have them honor anyways. All that aside i need to make sure im taking care of my investment.
Water treatment was a big thing to them and making sure the water is tested yearly.

Ive got the hawken water treatment in the boiler currently but i would like have an outside source for testing and some suggestions as well for a different corrosion inhibitor to put in the unit.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Also maybe try and by some spare parts now for it while they are still around.

Not sure. I do not have one of those. But anything that wood be specific to that unit that could/will fail. Circuit board, blower, ect,ect.

I believe this to be another division of the same people as Precision Chemical .... the outfit that does Garn's water quality. Great People!! Mike is As good as you will find
Dan

I have installed a few Hawkins. Not sure how yours is but non of the ones I have hooked up had anything fancy. Dayton blower fan and dayton aquastat, granger off the shelf parts. I just got a door seal kit from a local hardware store to fix one up last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.