Hearth and Home 6000BELP-IPI Burner Issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsox

Apr 3, 2016
Washington
I have a hearth n home LP fireplace with the 750-501 Dexen IPI valve (w/regulator). The fireplace is started by a two wall switches, one for the pilot and the other the burner.

This winter, when turning on the burning, the burner gas outlet sprays a little gas, lights (barely), but does not stay lit, nor does any additional gas get released from the burner valve. Prior to this winter, the fireplace functioned fine.

After reading the forums and testing the green (burner) regulator for the appropriate voltage 3v (drops down to 1.5 under load), removing the burner and clearing what I could of the burner gas outlet with a paper clip, and tapping on the regulator slightly - the burner will still not stay lit.

I am seeking guidance. Does this sound like a bad burner valve/regulator? If yes, can a homeowner replace just the valve/regulator, without issue with gas leakage, or is this task best left to someone who regularly works with gas fireplaces.

Thank you for your time!

Parsox

OK. Try pulling the burner again & then pull the brass burner orifice. Stick a Q-tip or a pipe cleaner in the tube behind where the orifice was & swirl it around. You may have a spider's nest in the burner tube. LP mercaptan seems to be a delicacy for small arachnids.

+1 for Daksy... Trouble shooting Heat-n-Glo SL-550TR-IPI-E... Pilot working but no burner. Went through the steps in the manual but finding nothing wrong. Read Daksy's other post last night and ready to go on a spider hunt this evening. Tapped the valve and YaHoo...

Thank-YOU.

Reactions: DAKSY
Status
Not open for further replies.