Hearth and Home purchases Vermont Casting.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
VC could contract with Woodstock and sell it under their brand. No one has to know that Woodstock made the core product. Just like many folks don't know that their stove was actually cast by VC today.
A VC cast-iron shrouded Princess -- now THAT would be something to behold!
meh
fiona.jpg

Reactions: Cynnergy
i bought my montpelier despite all of the negative comments about the brand. I've been happy with it. I haven't had any issues that would require warranty work. It heats my 1500 sq ft ranch perfectly.

I toyed with purchasing a new stove this past summer and checked out the VC Reliant, but coming in at close to $4K was way too expensive for me. The Drolet HT 2000 is a real workhorse at $1500, but my wife doesn't like the pedestal look. So I spent $1100 re-doing the pipe, adding a key damper, and doing a total gutting of the inside of my 10 y/o Jotul Firelight 600. With all new gaskets. My point being that VC is a bit pricey with issues, and that's gotta really hurt their sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.