Hearth.com Get-togethers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bster13

Minister of Fire
Feb 24, 2012
CT
Are there such a thing? if so where and when?

This will be my first year burning and I can tell wood heating is becoming a hobby/passion of mine.

Granted, I've bought most everything I can think of for successfully heating my home, and these things generally are not mobile, but I was curious if forum members get together to show off one or two member's setups, help split some wood, or perhaps just go camping while building top-down campfires and have the freedom to talk about all things wood heating and not bore their family members to death?

Thanks.

Reactions: n3pro
We had a very long thread a year ago or so about getting together. It's very hard to agree where or when and who will be the host. I guess we have to settle with gathering here on the net.

Perhaps regional gatherings?

I've toyed around some with the idea of trying to organize something some day . . . there are some neat places up here that I think would interest hearth.com members . . . not sure if Jotul would open their doors to us for a day, there is the Lombard Hauler in Waterville, Bryant's Antique Stove Shop in the next town over and several Lumberjack Museums and/or Living History Events . . . like many things though it's just something I think about once in a while and then get way, way too busy to do much more than just ponder for a bit on the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.