Hearth "summer over" crew. :)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JP11

Minister of Fire
May 15, 2011
Central Maine
I realized yesterday that we are like the South Pole research station. They have a small amount of maintenance folks that "Winter Over" at the pole. They keep the stuff running and wait for the scientists to come back and flood the place when it's summer.

There are a small group on here who are "summering over" and still on the forums. I'm planning to keep batch burning for a while. At least till there's no more night heat demand at all. I'm curious to see what kind of standby losses I have when I'm using only DHW.

I'm really enjoying the boiler, and I think my wife is s l o w l y coming around.

JP

You got it. It depends on the summer but usually things start to pick back up around August/September here in the boiler room. Folks are busy on their boat/ATV/motorcycle forums now!

We have been working on solar collectors for a customer with an indoor pool.
Also met with a hot tub company yesterday who want to heat with wood and/or solar.
Seems odd to be living off the heat pump water heater this time of year.

Probably time to get some firewood ready!

Well, I'll be on here all summer in one way or the other - I just brought home my propane tanks last weekend. Step 1 in my little summer project - hope I'll be able to find some answers to the inevitable last minute questions to come...

Still burning for DHW, want to get to May 15, that will mark 8 months of using wood. This is by far the longets I have burned since I installed my system in 2008-09. I only used 5 cords to-date. But all good things must come to an end, the dogs are restless at night when I run the boiler which means I don't get a good sleep.

I keep on checking in to see what is up, maybe get a good idea for an improvement!

Well, I'll be on here all summer in one way or the other - I just brought home my propane tanks last weekend. Step 1 in my little summer project - hope I'll be able to find some answers to the inevitable last minute questions to come...

Count me in too. I just picked up my summer project -- a pair of triangle tube tr-119 indirects. Going to use one to replace my leaking hot water tank and one for a solar heater.

Count me in too. I just picked up my summer project -- a pair of triangle tube tr-119 indirects. Going to use one to replace my leaking hot water tank and one for a solar heater.
I recently put a tr-100 as a buffer and IWH and wanted to say that I bought it online and it was shipped free by truck to my door. I have a set of forks for my tractor, so unloading and moving it around was easy. Without the tractor, it would have been very difficult. Hope you have a way to handle the two of them. It's a nice item and has a snap switch with an adjustable thermostat that I use to control the aquastat on the oil boiler.

There is something about thinking "How long has that oil been in the tank?" Should I use it...... Nah...... it's too expensive to replace now. LOL

I recently put a tr-100 as a buffer and IWH and wanted to say that I bought it online and it was shipped free by truck to my door. I have a set of forks for my tractor, so unloading and moving it around was easy. Without the tractor, it would have been very difficult. Hope you have a way to handle the two of them. It's a nice item and has a snap switch with an adjustable thermostat that I use to control the aquastat on the oil boiler.

Bought them used, seller happened to have a small tractor with forks so loading was no problem. And I used my tractor to unload them. It seemed easy getting them in place compared to the boiler.
Not sure how I would have done it without the tractor -- lots of sheetmetal to dent.

Status
Not open for further replies.