Hearth TV

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

moondoggy

Hearth Supporter
Oct 29, 2007
Long Island NY
ok so i'm sitting home last night, wife is out kids are asleep.. and i'm in control of the remote......
speed channel, discovery, science, history... flipping all over.
then i start to think
'Dang, why isnt there Hearth TV, they have specialized/targeted channels for golf... fishing...food...and forget P.Access.
I dont have to tell you about the crazy crap on Public Access.

Does anyone have any type of Stove/wood burner show on there cable provider???

how about it MR. Craig Webmaster?! we just need to start with like a :30 time slot public access to get started....and some topics
"Hearth chat W/Brother Bart"
"What Gooserider chopped up today"
"A Stove a week w/MikefromAthens"
"Man Saws! hosted by Eric Johnson"

i even read in your podcast post
""I have almost endless possibilities for stories from both myself and also from other industry “gray beards ""

my wife would never get the remote back.

Moon, you are 100% correct.....in fact more than 100% if that was possible!

There is a big market for Video on our regular hearth.com subjects. I know this from some simple study of how well the few videos I have placed on this site have been accepted. Problem is that I don't have the time or energy to really pursue this. That means opportunity for someone else. So be it.

If there are any investors or video pros (or both) who can make this happen, give me a ring!

I'd watch. We could even have a "what not to do/stupid human tricks" staring Jags. I seem to be pretty good at that. "Whadya mean bubba, oh hell, move out of the way, I can lift it!!" STUPID sometimes I tell ya.

Sounds like fun! We could have stoves from all over the world, prehistoric stoves, Classics/Antiques, how not to burn your house down by saving 10% on your installation. The topics seem endless.
And, if we ran out, someone on here would be sure to provide material.
Then there is comedy: Can you burn old tires in a woodstove, How my dog knocked over the woodpile, I'm a hundred cords ahead and still choppin'.

Craig, you should get to those Canadian producers that do all that do it yourself design stuff and lock this up! Stove works to the Stove Channel!!

And if there is ever any dead air just fill it with sounds and pictures of a fireplace.

MMaul said:
And if there is ever any dead air just fill it with sounds and pictures of a fireplace.

And chainsaws!

My wife already rolls her eyes at the time I spend on hearth.com! But maybe she'd learn somethig too from passing by the TV.. hmm

Chainsaws!! Good Idea. How about the "Sharpening Hour" how too's or "What not to do with a Chainsaw."

Jags said:
MMaul said:

And chainsaws!

i was thinking about the sound and pics of a fireplace, but the chainsaws never came to mind....

you would have no shortage of Advertising revenue, with that type of direct veiwing audence we could get sponsers easily.
wait i think my college degree is in PR/Marketing.... or Mass media something or other.

I think a reality show might be even better. All we have to do is follow certain people (like Elk or Corie) around 24/7 with cameras. You could see them flunk inspections, design new stoves, sharpen chain saws, split wood. So the show already exists.....just need some cameras.

Webmaster said:
I think a reality show might be even better. All we have to do is follow certain people (like Elk or Corie) around 24/7 with cameras. You could see them flunk inspections, design new stoves, sharpen chain saws, split wood. So the show already exists.....just need some cameras.

we got camera's (we need capital and sponsers).
think of the on locations we could have..

"this is moondoggy live from LI NY. today, I'm gonna cut this pine tree down, then we're gonna cut it up, after
my lovely neighbor (thats where the capital for the spokesmodel comes in) is going to show you proper stacking techniques."
Later on, we're gonna see just how much stress a stove can take, when we catapult a LIT VC Defiant 50ft in the air. (thats where the sponsers come in).
and how about:

WOOD TV
ALL WOOD, ALL THE TIME.

yea it was marketing in college.

LMAOFOF As if I do not spend enough time hear.My wife would break the remote and TV.

LOL, "Stove Chucking," Could this be a new sport.

Here from Litchfield County Connecticut we have the first Defiant missile launch!

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-..................

OH YEAH, that was last month's program........

"If you make a mistake while chainsaw juggling, which saw cuts deeper, Husky or Stihl? Your answer when we return from this short break."

Video content can easily be syndicated using an RSS feed. I hate the term podcast, because it implies an iPod, but that seems to be the accepted term. There could be a Hearth Podcast (video or audio) about this sort of thing. It won't be long and set top boxes that let people subscribe to internet media like this will be much more common, and folks could watch it on their TV instead of the PC.

I'm interested in this idea as well. I'm not an expert on hearth stuff, but I'm an IT guy, and have been keeping up on emerging new media distribution techniques on the internet.

-SF

The problem with content is actually making it in the first place. Someone has to actually go somewhere and shoot with a camera. That is so "life 1.0"....just like talking on the phone, mail and all those other dinosaurs. I know this for sure - as I said - people would watch it!

One idea would be to have some of us take video of certain things, like our installations or how to use an Everburn, etc. - I would be glad to start a page or wiki article which then linked to all this stuff.

I often think about doing more with video, and I have the technical part down...editing and streaming, etc. - but I still would need the actual content. And with video, you need to do stuff fairly often, in other words it gets old quicker than still photos.

http://woodheat.com/
look for tv schedule on the bar an the left. Thay have a show selling stoves, vent free, gas logs, etc.

and yes I did watch

Thought I was already watching your new "program" last night. Then I realized I had the TV off and was sitting in front of the wood stove watching a magnificent show...and it was commercial free. Now, if I could just figure out how to program the remote so I could download more wood without getting off the couch.

njtomatoguy said:
http://woodheat.com/
look for tv schedule on the bar an the left. Thay have a show selling stoves, vent free, gas logs, etc.

and yes I did watch

Yeah, I know those guys - in fact, they were my first supplier when I went into biz in 1979 (they sold upland, morso and efel wholesale).

I even did one of the TV shows with them - for Tarm. They probably deep sixed that episode. They had a deal with the studio and set up chimneys and stoves in there.

I will do the "Neanderthal Style" portion of the show.

I'm a camera guy, I shoot commercials and longer format stuff. Lemme know....

I can't cross the picket lines until the writer's strike is over.

BB, you've already got the first KTel CD for infomercials.

Status
Not open for further replies.