Hearthstone Craftsbury

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally have my stove up and running! Did the low burns outside due to my asthma, but didn't notice anything gross then or now for the first inside burn-yippee! It puts out alot of heat even at 300 degrees- I am quite happy with it at about 250. It is -1 degrees outside now...
I hope I continue to be happy with it- it is not to heat the house- more for 'ambiance', but now I know if I lose power I won't freeze to death! The ceiling fan really redirect the heat.
Now for a new stairs and floor this Spring....

Congratulations. Nice looking little stove. Normally I would expect to see something in the 400+ range on the stove top.

great idea to run it outside first, good to have an alternative heat source if the power goes out, nice choice in stoves. pete

I like the Craftsbury. I think it is one of the better looking small stoves. I almost bought one, but opted for something a bit bigger. If you cut your splits to no more than 16" you can fit quite a bit of wood in that firebox. I also think you want to get your stove top temp to the 400-600 range to real get the proper burn and heat output.

Status
Not open for further replies.