Hearthstone gas stove price indication

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

feno

Apr 25, 2020
Hillsdale NY
Hello all
I recently moved into a house and it has a hearthstone soapstone gas stove in it. We do not want it and i was going to put it in craigslist, any ideas on what price we should be asking? The front glass has a crack. See pictures.
A46F1931-2507-4DE2-8F48-935776DE32DB.jpeg

Hello all
I recently moved into a house and it has a hearthstone soapstone gas stove in it. We do not want it and i was going to put it in craigslist, any ideas on what price we should be asking? The front glass has a crack. See pictures.
View attachment 296350
Hard to say, as it’s been neglected. The replacement pyroceram glass is probably gonna cost $150 & if the cracks visible in the soapstone go through to the firebox, they need to be replaced as well. That process requires a total tear down. Maybe $200…

That looks like an old Hearthstone Sterling. If it still works, hard to say tho, 200 dollars would be a bargain, even having to replace the glass. We sold a lot of Sterlings, not the best looking flame, but what a wonderful (and expensive) heater they were...